Tuesday 18 January 2022

(Arthur) two sheds (Jackson?)

Regular readers may have noted an absence of postings on my blog, well there's at least one good reason for that: I've been busy making my workshop / tool and storage shed.

A few years back now I made an alteration to the "solar hotbox" that my property came with and changed it from a useless spider habitat that was way too hot and into a shed I could park my 4by in.

(see this blog post for details)

However I've not had a place for all my tools (a front room of the house being pressed into service for that) nor a place to work on things under cover (the kitchen table limits me).

So finally I have added the "workshop" I needed and wanted. I decided to go with a the same shed brand and determined a simple 3x3 meter arrangement would suit.


Some planning went into positioning and construction 


.. and now its pretty much a follow on from the earlier work ... and works nicely.

The kit shed walls are made up of panels of sheet metal and so I  could remove 2 of those at the back of my existing shed to give access to the new "room"

I'm still working on the "step across" into the shed


but it is now a fully functional workshop on the end of my shed.


with a newly installed (built it myself) bench and room for storage


So now all this is out of my house and into the workshop where it should be.

The lack of windows is countered by the full surround opening between walls and roof, which does offer some small problems with rain entry on the worst of storms, but as everything is kept off the floor that's not any sort of significant issue to me ... 

Lastly here is a quick look around.

So now its onto the next projects I've been planning, such as my solar floor heating in time for winter.

1 comment:

Professor von Explaino said...

Those poor spiders!

That's a great extension, could have a lot of fun designing the walk-through path between the two sheds. And that workbench is delightful.