Sunday 23 June 2019

Mercane Wide Wheels are a benefit

In a perfect world all roads will be like billard tables, I don't happen to live in a perfect world. As it happens when I lived in Korea I found they don't have a perfect world either, so it should come as no surprise that a Korean designed scooter (the Mercane Wide Wheel) is made for real world roads.

On my afternoon ride (which I used to walk, but I really like how much further I can get on the scooter in the short times that the setting sun affords) I came across a perfect example:


and the Mercane just rode along this (I deliberately targeted it to see) without any fuss at all. Perfect, because when you hit something like this (just a bit further along) on a narrower wheel it will spit you off if you aren't prepared.


Anyway, I made it to the top of the hill which is 1.5km from my home in short order, certainly shorter than if I'd walked :-)


on my freshly charged battery. The hill is sort of a torture test in some ways because it climbs pretty  evenly from the end of my street to here an altitude of 32 meters.

Not bad; essentially this single 500W motor is able to climb it and me 32meters height (as well as the trip there.

The view was lovely too.


No comments: