Monday 10 December 2018

fence post

I was out wandering with the A7 and found this to be interesting.


As it happens its also a good example of why I like the A7 and my legacy FD series lenses (in this case the FD50mm f1.4). This is not to say that other lenses are not as good, it just happens I've gathered a selection of FD from when I got into micro43 back 10 years ago.

The A7 gives me a dynamic range that I would be unable to get with my m43 cameras (even if I had newer ones) and the larger capture sensor gives me a much more exaggerated DoF experience than I can get with m43 (something I've known since I first started with APS-C, which is almost the same sensor size, some 20 years ago).

35mm used to be the first size (the smaller end) of films which I considered useful for anything other than snapshots (or macro, a place where small digital sensors have been great from my first experiences)

No comments: