Sunday 22 September 2019

Day Tripper

So this afternoon I thought I'd go over to the next town, which is just across the border into New South Wales, its a tidy little trip for the Mercane with a nice hill climb and some interesting scenery

This is the trip map from my GPS


and the GPS summary of distance, speed and altitude


So an hour more or less to do 20km. That's longer than I'd realistically walk for that trip (although not as long as many hikes I've done) and enabled me to see and experience the afternoon scenery without consuming a whole day or indeed much energy.

At the border crossing there was a cattle grid (don't want the cows walking across the border carrying pests now do we) (and the rabbit wire)



which represents more challenge for my scooter than one may expect watching the cars go over it ... I carried it over.



Countryside is beautiful (even if it is dry)


and its always nice to spend a little time tootling around town


and some local has always got something "that they're gonna  do up"


I like that the wide wheel stays put in thick foliage all by itself...


church was already closed ...


thank god right ...

So having seen the sights (well the touristy ones) I came home and still had 47V showing on the dial

Nice

No comments: