Saturday 13 June 2020

afternoon of dirt roads

Well after a week cooped up all daylight hours (well, more or less) in the house (working from home), its nice to go out for a ride on the scooter around the countryside where I live. Well after having done the shopping (by motorbike) and the usual stuff around the house (washing, chopping some wood) I can go out for a little scoot.


Fortunately its quite dry here at the moment.

So I took the MX60 out for a longer run and did about 30km


and from leaving home to getting home (including taking some pictures, bumping into a mate out on the tracks on his dirt bike and having a yak with another mate at the servo) I took about an hour.

I didn't use the GPS, but looking down at my speedo I was doing 24kmh in rougher places and 35kmh in nicer places (and down hills) and hit a max of about 51kmh on the steep downhill back into town.

There were some long steep uphills like this:



and some nice gentle rolling countryside (although quite a many corrugations which you need to pick your lines around to avoid them)


I returned with 30% showing on the battery indicator (no, not the dash one, which just shows volts). So assuming that it is correct it'll require 840Wh to recharge having done 30km. So thats 35km/kWh or 2.8kWh per 100km which is more than my Widewheel at 1.96kWh/100km but then its going faster over rougher roads.

All up a nice afternoon out on the MX60 doing stuff that the Widewheel couldn't but a dirtbike would do perhaps better but somehow I prefer the scooter

:-)

1 comment:

Ali Dalkus said...

Nice tour and nice pictures. I really like riding in the nature. Also have some breaks to enjoy the nice weather &view taking some pictures. With scooter it's much easier to reach such nice places. I am living in a big city but luckily we have a lot of parks, green areas, a big river and even few forests nearby. With Widewheel it's not that comfortable in the forest but not that bad as there are many walking/ biking tracks rather straight. Your MX60 has a better use in such route.
Cheers