Thursday 4 January 2024

Happy New Year

Well its just into the New Year and I'm reflecting on a busy year gone, not sure what the new year will bring, but today I went out for a nice afternoon ride (late to avoid the heat) on the SR


Aside from some watch wanking, I've managed to complete or tidy up a few projects, not least of which was finally finishing off the rebuild of the front end on the T-Max


which included:

  • wheel bearings
  • full brake caliper rebuild
  • fork rebuild
  • steering head bearings
  • new tyres
Basically I already know how much of a PITA it is to do the steering head bearing (not least because of all the tupperware that needs to come off) but because of the length of the steering head tube. I've more or less perfected this now, as I've done it once before on my last T-Max

Have also bought two other motorbikes and sold one of them (so leaving me with the T-Max and the SR500). I'm probably going to be doing some work to the SR500 soon, so now that the T-Max is back together (and riding very nicely) I can perhaps swap which bike is in the spot.

Solar floor heating system is now looking more modular and we'll see how well it "goes back together" come May.

I consistently enjoy having my workshop and all the experimental learning that making it has brought.

The INR management book was written but I've not published it formally yet due to concerns about possible liability (and a lack of liability insurance), but I'm hoping to get something happening this year with maybe some clinical trial.

I sent this "cover idea" to a friend who's returned a cover based on this which I like more. But I also like this title.


Still, I'm told it sounds too geeky to sell well, and ... well I don't want it to sell to people who aren't just that bit geeky anyway. It is by nature "not for fools or idiots".

At the very least I feel I've learned a quite few things this year, improved my skills in some areas, and perhaps most importantly found myself more adjusted to my "new life" without my wife. So, what's that, over 11 years, under 12.

Looking forward to what will happen in the year before me, well I just don't know. I don't actually have any plans.

Lets see what happens.

I hope you have a healthy, happy and enriching New Year

No comments: