Monday 4 November 2019

Mercane Dual Motor top speed

I get a bit curious about all the claims of "up to 45kmh" by people with this scoot, and to be frank I was never attracted to it on any "high speed" belief. I wanted it for the capacity to do better on uphills.

So I've been meaning to do this for some time, and finally decided to do this test yesterday. This is peak speed and to be honest it felt like it was no longer creeping up speed (and the hill was leveling off too). On this test I chose a long straight slight downhill and disabled the speed limiter.



Assuming my GPS on my phone is close then 45kmh seems unrealistic on a flat. This is good news to me and feeds into my statements about brakes being sufficient for what it is supposed to be ... a scooter that's speed limited to less than 25kmh.

No comments: