Friday 21 April 2023

Roche CoaguChek XS PT Test vs PT Test PST

So, today I found out something interesting. Roche has two slightly different versions of the XS PT strips, this apparently is related to the INRange series of devices. I went to order some more strips from my (online) provider (here in Australia) and found the following two products (at different prices). There is the XS PT Test (which I've used for well over 10 years).


And the new kid called the XS PT Test PST (probably with KyB4 and other enhancements)


I'm seeing that this one has INRange written  on it as well as XS written on it. Further to the best of my knowledge the INRange is the same and compatible with the XS and as a unit simply has some additional features more conducive to working in a Clinical setting, such as the ability to interface with a computer, multiple ID tags (presumably to differentiate different patients) a nice colour screen (whoopdie  do) and a graph (I prefer what I do in Excel).

So I rang Roche (in Australia) and spoke with a "Technical Support" officer who informed me that the two were interchangeable but there may be some differences in electronic communications. She was surprised when I said that my seller has a different price on the XS PT Test vs the XS PT Test PST.

She also said to me that she thought that the difference between the names was PST was for "Patient Self Testing" ... (making me wonder what's happening over there in the Good Ole US of A)

All very interesting. Given that I have the XS (and not the INRange) I'll be using the earlier (and cheaper) ones in my XS ... 

This is the new (looking golden) and the old (poor camera colour balance on my part)


Everything (including the amount of stripes of contact points) seem to be the same.

Anyway, that's all I have today.

No comments: