Friday 5 March 2021

Making NATO more comfortable

Some time back I did a blog post on removing the "keeper strap" which NATO straps have. I did this because it reduces bulk behind the watch and I have found that the watch doesn't move on the strap anyway so what is that keeper actually doing anyway?


Today while looking at my watch (and still not liking that bulk on the side caused by the fold-overs and keepers I thought (now that its not "locked in") why not move it so that the sides of the strap are not in my way (or visible) and make it just a nice well priced and solid strap




Also, it can be (when the buckle is down) positioned to the inside when using a computer by simply sliding the buckle closer to the watch. As one tends to roll ones arms out a little (thumbs towards up) it means there is only a thin piece of nylon or leather strap between your wrist and the desk.

I hope this helps someone who struggles with NATO being practical for them (not to mention the aesthetics) become more practical.

No comments: