Wednesday 21 August 2013

Storybook love

Love stories always seem to focus on beginnings. One of my old favourites is Princess Bride.


My love is like a storybook story
But it's as real as the feelings I feel
My love is like a storybook story
But it's as real as the feelings I feel
It's as real as the feelings I feel

He said, "Don't you know I love you oh so much
And lay my heart at the foot of your dress?"
She said, "Don't you know that storybook loves
Always have a happy ending?"
Then he swooped her up just like in the books
And on his stallion they rode away.

I met my Princess, sweeping her off her feet and getting married

But in real love that is just the beginning. 

Frequently couples don't get past the falling in love stage.

We had better than a story book love in real life, as every trouble made us stronger, through the trials of life our attraction developed into real love.

Sadly in truth even story book love have sad endings sometimes. Our lives were parted by death.

I know that in this place my love for her endures. I hope that where she is her love can endure and perhaps our story book love can have a happy ending.

I guess my message is this; stop focusing on the farytale beginnings and work at the love you are building together. Because THAT is true love

No comments: