Friday 13 March 2020

Mercane MX60 my settings

The MX60 has a bunch of (in my view pretty  obscure) but important P Settings which really do need to be customised to:

  • get it out of pussy mode
  • make the speedo even faintly accurate
  • enable cruise control (up to you)
  • remove kick 2 go (which I fully understand why its needed for dickheads)
This post is by no means a comprehensive look at the settings (and I've uncovered a few things I just plain don't understand). So the control input looks like this:



To get into the user P settings you first press long the power button (e) to turn it on, then press power and mode together until ---- shows on the display. You then need to enter the code (tedious) of 6666 and then long press (e) and you'll see it showing P01 ... so you're in. This is the default codes:


I've put red around the ones I changed (shown is defaults), and below is a list of my changes

P01  =  2
P05  =  001
P06  =  10.6 - this will effect the speedo
P08  =  090  -  changing this made the difference (I don't understand 090)
P09  =  000  -  I don't want kick to go, so its off
P16  =  41km -  I didn't change this but it is the odo reading
P17  =  001  - because I want it on
P18  =  100  - simply a multiplier of P06


So after these changes my speedo reports the same speed as my GPS and my GPS tracking log shows speeds like this:


After the brief run at 47 I decided to select a lower "gear" and see what it would "cruise on"


  1. is basically nanny speed, or suitable for a pensioner with a seat using it in the supermarket
  2. nicely complies with Australian regulations and sits comfortably on 25kmh, which is nice when cruising and you want to just sight see and have a relaxed ride with the cruise control active
  3. gets up to mid 30's
  4. gets to 48kmh
  5. I can't see a difference so this "zone" must work if I was to raise the speed more (which doesn't interest me)
So there it is ... those settings worked for me, I'll be interested to hear from others if they do or don't

Lastly I found the following document about the controller.

5 comments:

Jack@dualtrak.com said...

Thanks for the p settings. Did any of these give u better hill climbing? I noticed p18 can be set above 100 ...but not sure what that does yet ...it's a multiplier?

obakesan said...

Hi Jack
no, basically once I got it to stop being in crawl mode I took it up to some local hill (and just getting out my driveway is a test in itself) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi79gr3cf9Y

you're right, that's just a multiplier for adjusting speed and odo

If I don't sound enthusiastic its because I had such a good experience with my WideWheel as a scoot that's good road legal and fun transport.

I find myself still using the WW as my daily hack, but this weekend I went out further and had a nice ride, so I think I'm going to use the WW as my city commuter (when lockdown is over) and quick around (my small) town runabout and the MX60 for "day rides" ... cos it has the range :-)

melcoeb said...

Do you have 5 "gears" in your MX60? I only show 3 gears in mine...we have the same controller (LH-100)...

obakesan said...

It had 3 when I got it, but now (after fiddling) it has 5, I can't be certain but I think it was P12. I like it how it is now and the speedo is (radar and GPS verified) pretty close to perfect (like you'd need decimal places to clarify how far off perfect it is), each step up is good too:

1 > granny in supermarket with a seat
2 > Australian legal road limit
3 > hustles along to about 40kmh top
4 > gets up to 47 on the flats
5 > seems to make no difference on flats but allows a higher top speed down steep hills

I spend most time in 2 and 3 ... You may find this helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQWhPmiHXGI

obakesan said...

but it could just as easilly have been one of the other likely looking candidates.

I took a piece of paper with each P setting on a line, wrote down what it was, and adjusted each (writing down the new number). This way I could return to where it was and know what happened.