Saturday 13 July 2019

Mercane Wide Wheel dual motor up the range a bit

So with my first day riding around on the 1000w dual motor version I've been experimenting with what I can do with that extra power (aside from just simply go faster and hurt myself or maybe blowing it up as I mentioned in my previous post). Hill climbing is the obvious answer, and so I rode out of town and went up here for a quick test. The ride is done on the "Power" setting (but with the speed restricter re-enabled because I just don't want this to be a weekend wonder...


The stats on the journey are this:


You can see that I didn't actually go back to my starting point, I instead went to a different place in town to visit a mate.

However this time it climbed 184 meters and I hit a maximum speed of 40kmh (probably on the way down the mountain).

Here's a bit of video I started after I was out of town just before starting the main climb up to Daggs Falls



So theres some incoherent ramblings about stuff (you can tell I don't script this stuff right?) which does however show how well the bike goes up ... and up ... and up

And of course then there's down...



My views on the increased rolling resistance of the motor (vs the wheel without the motor) and that the wide wheel having two motors will have more resistance may actually be a great benefit on steep long descents like this because I didn't actually touch the brakes.

So ... probably something tomorrow too

No comments: