Saturday 24 November 2012

Results stage 1

I woke up from the surgery in the ICU (Intensive Care Unit) feeling better that when I awoke ther last time (after my heart surgery).

The surgery this time was to remove the wires and to remove dead or infected flesh (debridement, worth looking at wikipedia on that one).

Apart from feeling groggy I actually felt better than when I went in. I had been complaining about the wires for some time since the surgery. That their removal makes me feel better immediately says to me that I was right.

I am now waiting for the lab results to identify what the infection was and if there was any infection (or it was just an immune response to the constant irritation from the wires).

As a reasonable precaution the hospital has me on IV antibiotics straight into my heart via a type of catheter through my arm.

I will post more when I know it.

4 comments:

Charles Maclauchlan said...

smiling

Professor von Explaino said...

That is some excellently positive news. Hoping for more good news in short order.

Did you ask them if you could get a blood pressure powered lamp installed in the hole while they were there?

Noons said...

Yikes! Here's hoping that heals away soon.

Anonymous said...

Chris, Glad to hear you are feeling a little better. Not a surprise about you being right.
I know this must be a very hard time for you. Thinking of you.