Friday 3 April 2020

Widewheel and MX60 in a side by side (uphill) race

Yesterday afternoon I decided to do a side by side video race of my Widewheel vs my MX60 this is that:


In an totally expected outcome the MX60 won this because it has the top end legs over the Widewheel and I didn't want to unrealistically punish the battery on the Widewheel by flogging it up that hill on unrestricted mode (nobody is going to buy me a new battery right?) and I don't normally ride it in that mode. I do however ride the MX60 as presented.

There's not much else to say here except that that to me the differences in times are significant in a race, but not in travelling to visit my mate who lives there, like what's an extra 15 seconds shorter travel time? The MX60 is more plush but somehow less fun (for me). The Widewheel gives me the feeling that "I'm pushing it" without being at speeds which may see me in the spinal unit were I to fall off.

Out of the box the MX60 needed (and to my mind still needs) some tweaks (many of which were settings, see here) but it still needs some physcial tweaks to be able to have the required room and foot support to ride it properly, not just be like some dope who stands like a statue (like this dope who isn't even using the rear kick nor any sort of posture for riding):


so if you're like him you'll just love the MX60 and its stupid deck design will make you feel its a lot faster than you can cope with. Probably you'll be bending the steering stem within a year ... but hey you can afford to sell it then right?

No comments: