this parked across the road this morning and I walked over to ask the owner a few questions
- it cost $2700
- its about as fast as a 50cc scooter
- he has to take it inside to charge
- the chain was not fitted at sale (because in reality the pedals are useless but fitted to pass the regs)
- he almost didn't make it today because he forgot to charge it lastnight
... but he loves that he's doing something positive for the environment.
- he has to charge it from the grid (and recent studies show that the grid would collapse if most people went this way)
- it cost way more than a petrol version (his words)
- he almost didn't make the trip today (15km) because he forgot to charge it last night
Now, if he'd bought an electrical bicycle (which would be about as fast and a third the cost) he'd use less electricity and in reality get as far.
So he's just like this guy...